Sportspick 2014 AFL Super Tipper Competition
Terms & Conditions of Entry
Please note that Apple is not a sponsor nor involved in any way in the operation of the Sportspick 2014 AFL Super Tipper Competition.
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these terms & conditions of entry.
2. The Promoter is Full House Group Pty Limited, 38 Fennell Street, Port Melbourne, VIC 3207 ABN: 91 131 570 440.
3. These terms and conditions of entry apply to the Competition being conducted by the Promoter for each of the Codes referred to herein. Entries not complying with these terms & conditions of entry are ineligible and the Promoter reserves its absolute right to disqualify any Participant from the Competition if any entries do not comply with these terms & conditions of entry.
4. In these terms & conditions of entry, unless the contrary intention appears, the following words and phrases have the meanings set out opposite them:
4.1 "Cumulative Winning Margin" means the sum of the Winning Margin for all Knockout Selections to date for a Participant over the course of the competition. Participants with a higher Cumulative Winning Margin will be ranked higher than those with lower Cumulative Margins;
4.2 "FHG" means the Full House Group Pty Limited;
4.3 "Away Team" means a team nominated by the relevant Code to be the away team in a given Match as per the official fixture of each Code;
4.4 "Closing Date" has the meaning given in Condition 5;
4.5 "Code" means the series of Matches of:
(a) Australian Rules Football conducted by the Australian Football League ("AFL") between member teams of the AFL over the AFL Season; or
4.6 "Competition" means the "Sportspick AFL Tipping Competition" and, where the context dictates, is a reference to the AFL Super Tipper Promotion;
4.7 "Condition" means a condition of these terms and conditions of entry;
4.8 "End-of-Season Tipping Promotion" means the promotion described in Conditions 19 through 22.
4.9 "Agent" means any one of an Agent, Contractor, Representative of Full House Group Pty Ltd.
4.10 "Immediate Family" means any one of more of a person"s wife, husband, defacto wife, defacto husband, parent, step-parent, child, step-child, brother, sister, step-brother or step-sister.
4.11 "Knockout Match" means a Match or Matches in a Round nominated by the Promoter whereby the Participant is required to select a team as their "Knockout Selection" for the purposes of entry in the Knockout Competition;
4.12 "Match" means a single game, of and conducted by the relevant Code, between two member teams of that Code as part of that Code"s Season;
4.13 "Participant" means a person who is eligible to participate in and who has successfully registered for entry into the Competition;
4.14 "Registration Time" means the date and time at which an eligible person successfully registers for entry into the Competition;
4.15 "Results" are the results of Matches as officially determined by the relevant Code in accordance with the rules of that Code following the completion of a Round;
4.16 "Round" means a round of Matches in the relevant Code conducted during that Code"s Season;
4.17 "Season" means the 2014 home and away season of a relevant Code, excluding finals;
4.18 "Unclaimed Prizes Draw" has the meaning given in Condition 36;
4.19 "Score" means the allocation of points to a Participant for a particular Code in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry;
4.20 "Sportspick Member Id" means the membership identification number assigned to each entrant which is required to be entered at the time of entry into the Competition.
4.21 "State" means an Australian state or territory and New Zealand;
4.22 "Web Site" means the web site of the Promoter at www.sportspick.com.au accessible on the Internet through the World Wide Web or via other wireless platforms connected to the Internet;
4.23 "Sportspick Tipping Terminal" means the touch screen interface on which entry and tipping in the competition takes place.
4.24 "Sportspick Member ID" means the identification number assigned to each entrant and used for the purpose of submitting tips and assigning scores via a "Sportspick Member Card" or "InnTouch Member Card" or "Venue Member Card"
5. Entry into the Competition commences on:
(a) Monday 6 January 2014 ("Commencement Date")
(b) and closes on Sunday 6 October 2014 ("Closing Date").
(c) Tipping for competitions commences round 1 of the AFL season.
(d) Tipping for the Knockout Competition commences in the respective rounds: Round 2 for AFL.
(e) The last date & time for entries to be accepted is October 6, 2014 at 5:00pm
WHO MAY ENTER
6. The Competition is conducted using the following Code:
(a) the AFL Code;
7. Entry is open to all residents of Australia and New Zealand
8. A maximum of one (1) entry into any of the Sportspick Free Tipping Competitions is permitted for each registered Participant. Participants can enter multiple times into a competition however, if paying a fee for each entry into a registered venue in-house competition.
HOW TO ENTER
9. To register for entry in the Competition an eligible person must:
(a) Download the Pub Footy Tipping app or go to footymobile.com.au to use the mobile site;
(b) Submit the required signup information and indicate agreement to these terms and conditions
(c) Redeem at least one venue offer during the duration of the tipping competition.
10. A person can only register once for a given mobile phone number and email address.
11. A Participant will automatically be entered into all Sportspick AFL Tipping Competitions if Condition 9 above has been met.
12. The Competition is free to enter.
HOW TO PLACE TIPS
13. A Participant must use the following method in order to submit their tips for a particular Round and Code:
(a) For registered Sportspick Participants: select the team that they tip to win in each nominated Match of a Home & Away competition round, a Knockout Selection (from Rd 2), and a Mini Margin Selection (from round 13 AFL) via the Sportspick Tipping Terminal in a registered venue within the time frame set out on the website.
(b) A draw cannot be selected as a Tip selection.
14. Changes to Tip Selections:
(a) A Participant may make or change a tip for a given Match in a Round at any time prior to the "Tipping Cut-off time" which is 10 minutes prior to the commencement of the 1st scheduled Saturday Match in each Code as published by the AFL in the respective official competition fixtures .
(b) Once a match has commenced it will no longer be open for tipping on the "Sportpick Tipping Terminal".
(c) If a tip is to be changed, tips for all remaining matches yet to be played must also be changed at this time.
(d) The last set of tips submitted by an entrant in each round will count towards the final score tally for the Competition.
15. Calculation of Score:
Participants will be allocated one point towards their Score for each correct selection of a winning team in a Match in a Round and will be ranked firstly by their Score, where the highest Score is the highest rank. In the event of a Match in a given Round being drawn, cancelled, abandoned, not completed or not played for any reason and/or a Result is not officially declared within three (3) days of the date the Match was originally scheduled to be played, it is treated as a win for both teams competing in that Match and the Participant will be awarded one point toward their Score for that Match.
16. If at any time a Participant:
(a) does not submit a tip for a given Match in a Round, then subject to Condition (b), the Participant"s tip for that Match will be deemed to be for that of the Away Team as per the official fixture of the relevant Code;
(b) does not submit a tip for each of the Matches in a given round then the Participant"s tips for that Round will be deemed to be those of the teams determined to be the Away Teams to a maximum of five correct tips for that Round;
(c) does not submit a "Knockout" Tip Selection in any given round, then the Participant"s Knockout Tip will be deemed to be that of the "Last Named Team" (Away Team) of the last scheduled Match as per the official fixture of the relevant Code;
(d) does not submit a "Mini Margin" Tip Selection in any given round, then the Participant"s Mini Margin Tip will be deemed to be the last scheduled Match as per the official fixture of the relevant Code;
(e) Is registered to enter the Competition after the commencement of the first Round, then the Participant"s tips for those Rounds that have been completed will be deemed to be those of the teams determined to be the Away Teams to a maximum of five correct tips for each such Round.
17. To be eligible to win a Sportspick Tipping Competition major prize for a particular Code, a Participant must have submitted valid tips for at least 1 Match per Round in not less than 10 Rounds for that Code ("Eligible Participant").
18. The major prize winners of Sportspick Tipping Competition for each Code will be determined as follows:
19. For each Code – Home and Away Season Super Tipper Most Points 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes:
(a) Participants will be ranked against all other Participants across all registered Sportspick Venues in Australia and New Zealand;
(b) Participants will be ranked in each Code based on the Participant"s total Score for all Rounds. In the event that Participants have equal Scores (tied scores), the prizes with be combined and divided equally amongst the tied Participants.
20. "Knockout Competition"
There will be a Knockout Competition for each Code:
(a) For AFL: "Knockout Competition" commences Round 2 on selected matches from the official AFL fixture.
(c) Sportspick (the Competition Administrator) will determine which matches (nominated matches) will be made available for selection in any of the nominated Knockout rounds. Not all fixtured matches will necessarily be available as tipping options in the Knockout Competition in any nominated Knockout round.
(d) Participants must select 1 team from the nominated Knockout teams provided to WIN the match in each Knockout round to remain "Alive" in the Knockout Competition and progress to the next round.
(e) A drawn match is deemed to be a losing selection and the entrant is eliminated from the Knockout competition.
(f) The last entrant remaining "Alive" in the Knockout shall be declared the winner.
(g) If there are multiple Participants "Alive" at the conclusion of round 23 for AFL, then the Knockout Competition(s) will continue into the respective finals series for each Code.
(h) Each match of a Code"s finals series will be a separate Knockout round.
(i) If there are entrants that remain "Alive" at the conclusion of the finals series or if all remaining entrants are "Knocked out" in the same round, then the entrant with the highest "Cumulative Knockout Margin" will be declared the winner.
(j) If a Participant does not submit a Knockout Tip selection for any given round then the default Knockout Tip will be deemed to be the Last named team (Away team) of the last match as per each respective Code"s official fixture.
(k) If a Participant fails to submit a Knockout selection in any 4 consecutive rounds of the Knockout Competition, they will be eliminated from the Knockout Competition and thus ineligible to win the Knockout Prize(s).
21. "Weekly Pick All Winners"
(a) A draw will be conducted from all entrants that pick all the winning teams in a round of matches to determine Five (5) "Pick All The Winners" prize winners in each of the Codes. 23 rounds x 5 prizes x $100 for the duration of the AFL Competition (115 Prizes of $100).
(b) The draw will be conducted at the offices of Sportspick, 38 Fennell Street, Port Melbourne, VIC at 10:00am on the Wednesday following the conclusion of each competition round.
Dates: 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th March 2014; 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd April 2014; 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th May 2014; 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th June 2014; 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th, July 2014; 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th August 2014; 3rd September 2014.
22. "Mini Margin Competition"
There will be a "Mini Margin" Competition for each Code:
(a) For AFL: "Mini Margin Competition" commences Round 13 on matches as per the official AFL fixture.
(c) Participants must select 1 (one) match from the respective code"s official fixture as their "Mini Margin" selection in each Mini Margin competition round. Each entrant will be assigned a "Mini Margin" score which will be determined to be the difference between the final scores of each team involved in the selected Mini Margin match.
(d) A drawn match is deemed to be a margin of zero (0) for the purposes of scoring in the Mini Margin competition.
(e) The entrant with the lowest score at the conclusion of the Mini Margin Competition shall be declared the winner of the Mini Margin Competition.
23. Super Tipper "Local Venue In-House Prizes"
Registered Sportspick Venues will set, collect, manage and distribute any "Local Venue In House Prize Pool" entry fees if a Local Venue In-House prize pool is offered.
24. The Tipping Promotion prize pool consists of:
AFL Super Tipper End of Season Most Points 1st: 1 prize of $20000 Cash
AFL Super Tipper End of Season Most Points 2nd: 1 prize of $7000 Cash
AFL Super Tipper End of Season Most Points 3rd: 1 prize of $3000 Cash
AFL Super Tipper Knockout: 1 prize of $5000 Cash
AFL Super Tipper Mini Margin: 1 prize of $5000 Cash
AFL Super Tipper Weekly Tip All Winners: 5 prizes of $100 Cash for each of the 23 rounds.
25. The total value of the Tipping Competition prize pool is AUD $104,500.00
26. Winners of the End of Season Tipping Promotion will be notified in the following manner:
(a) Winners will be determined at 10:00am on Wednesday October 8th, 2014 at the offices of Full House Group, 38 Fennell Street, Port Melbourne, Victoria 3207
(b) Prize winners will be notified by mail and a list of all prize winners will be published in the Prize Winners section of the Promoter"s website at www.sportspick.com.au
(c) Winners will also be listed on the weekly scoresheets displayed at the Registered Sportspick Venues. Scoresheets are provided weekly and available from 11:00am on the day following the last scheduled match of each round.
(d) All Prize Winners will be published on the Sportspick tipping terminal in each registered venue and on the Sportspick website within 2 days of the weekly draw(s) and following the determination of winners on October 8th, 2014.
(e) All Prize Winners of weekly draw prizes will be published on the promoter"s website as per the schedule below.
Prize category AFL Round Winners published Published on the Promoter"s Web Site
Weekly Tip All Winners AFL 1 Friday 28 March 2014
Weekly Tip All Winners AFL 2, 3, 4, 5 Friday 25 April 2014
Weekly Tip All Winners AFL 6, 7, 8, 9 Friday 23 May 2014
Weekly Tip All Winners AFL 10, 11, 12, 13 Friday 20 June 2014
Weekly Tip All Winners AFL 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 Friday 1 August 2014
Weekly Tip All Winners AFL 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 Friday 5 September 2014
27. All prizes will be delivered to the registered Sportspick venue where the winning Participant is a member.
28. All major "End of Season", "Knockout" and "Mini Margin" competition category prizes will be mailed to the registered venues of the respective winners on Friday 11th October 2014.
29. The "Weekly Pick All Winners" prizes will be mailed to the registered venues of the respective winners within 14 days of being determined following the conclusion of the applicable AFL rounds.
30. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner of any prize to provide proof of identity, proof of residency and proof of eligibility to enter the Competition prior to awarding the prize. Identification considered suitable for verification will be at the discretion of the Promoter.
31. Prizes or unused portions of non-cash prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
32. All winners must claim their prize within 28 days of being notified that they are a winner except for winners who are residents in the State of South Australia or ACT at the date of the relevant draw who may claim their prize within 3.5 months of the draw.
33. Prizes are the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier and are correct at the time of printing.
34. If for any reason a prize winner is unable to accept a prize, the Promoter will award that prize to the Participant or Participants who would have met the eligibility criteria and been deemed the prize winner or winners had the winning Participant not participated.
35. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from accepting a prize and all prize winners should seek independent financial advice prior to their acceptance of a prize.
UNCLAIMED PRIZES DRAW
36. The Promoter shall conduct such draws as may be necessary to distribute any prizes which have not been claimed or distributed ("Unclaimed Prizes") as at Monday 29th December 2014.
37. All Participants in the Competition will be eligible to be entered into the "Unclaimed Prizes" draw.
38. Subject to the requirements of any relevant gaming authority, the "Unclaimed Prizes" draw will take place at 10:00AM (AEST) on Monday 5th January 2015 at the office of Full House Group, 38 Fennell Street, Port Melbourne, VIC 3207.
39. Prizes included in each "Unclaimed Prize Draw" will be awarded by descending prize value with 1 prize being awarded to the entrant with the next highest eligible competition score tally until all Unclaimed Prizes have been distributed. If the next highest eligible score tally belongs to more than one entrant, the prize will be split evenly amongst those entrants possessing the eligible next highest score.
40 In the event that a "Weekly Pick All Winners" prize(s) remains unclaimed, a redraw will take place on the date specified in condition 39 above. All eligible entrants for the respective weekly draw(s) will be included in the redraw.
41. Winners of an Unclaimed Prize Draw will be notified by telephone and mail or email on or before Wednesday 14th January 2015, and their details will be published in the Public Notices section of The Australian Newspaper on Saturday 31st January 2015 and on the Web Site.
42. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not claim a prize or element of a prize by Monday 22nd April 2015 then that prize or portion of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that prize or element of the prize.
PRIVACY AND MARKETING CONSENT AND DISCLOSURE
43. All Participants acknowledge that by entering the Competition the Promoter will collect personal information about them to assess and process registrations and administer the Competition. The Promoter may disclose a Participant"s personal information to related companies of the Promoter, its agents and contractors, state lottery bodies, newspapers and organisations to which the Promoter outsources functions, such as mailing houses and telecommunications service providers. If a Participant is a winner of a prize, the Promoter will disclose that Participant"s first initial (or name if provided), surname and name and suburb of their Registered Sportspick Venue and State of residence to the media, who will publish these details. If a proposed Participant does not provide the required personal information they cannot participate in the Competition. In most cases a Participant can gain access to their personal information by contacting the Promoter.
44. All entries become the property of the Promoter and will be entered into a database. Information resulting from the Participant"s entry and participation in a promotion is used by the Promoter and its agencies associated with the Competition for the determination of winners and distribution of prizes awarded to Participants. Participants consent to the publication of their name and Score in the results section of the Web Site. The Promoter will not be held responsible for any loss of reputation, status or otherwise in connection with a Participant"s tipping selections and consequential results.
45. Information and photographic images of the Participants may also be used by the Promoter, its agents, contractors and related companies, for the purposes of carrying out marketing, planning, product development and direct mail and promotional campaigns unless a Participant otherwise withdraws their consent to the use of their information in this manner. By applying or participating in the Competition, Participants consent to these uses and disclosures of their information and/or photographic image.
46. By entering or participating in the Competition, the Participant agrees to receive emails, SMSs or other electronic messages from the Promoter in relation to the administration of the Competition, including those containing marketing or promotional material.
47. By entering or participating in the Competition, the Participant agrees to receive emails, SMSs or other electronic messages from the Registered Sportspick Venue where the participant places tips in the competition including those containing marketing or promotional material.
48. Participants will automatically be entered into the "Full House Group" marketing program. Participants agree to receive mail, emails, SMSs and other electronic messages, including those containing marketing or promotional material, sent by the Promoter under the "Full House Group" marketing program. Participants may unsubscribe from the "Full House Group" marketing program at any time using information contained on the mail or electronic message.
49. To the extent that an issue arises for which these terms and conditions of entry make no provision, or in relation to which the relevant terms and conditions are unclear, the Promoter reserves the right to make a decision regarding any such issue in its sole and absolute discretion.
50. The Promoter and its agencies associated with the Competition are not liable and do not accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission or communications line failure that may result in a Participant"s entry not being received or received properly whether by the Sportspick Tipping Terminal, via the Web Site or by telephone or Facsimile.
51. In the event there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Competition, the decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
52. The Promoter shall not be liable for any manufacturer defects in prizes or for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) as a result of taking a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
53. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements and disqualify any Participant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in
accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or the Promoter including but not limited to using techniques or methods to avoid payment of any SMS costs. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any prize winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner or winner"s entry is of a type described in this Condition.
54. Notwithstanding the Promoter"s rights to not accept or to subsequently disqualify a Participant, the Promoter will not be liable for any legal action arising out of any name being slanderous, defamatory or unsightly to the public at large or any similarly sounding or related group and any Participant who uses a name which is subsequently found to be slanderous, defamatory or unsightly in any way will indemnify the Promoter, its agents, contractors and related companies from any legal action, claim or dispute arising in relation thereto.
55. The Promoter"s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
56. To the full extent permitted by the law neither the Promoter nor any of their associated agencies accepts any liability for any injury, damages, expenses or loss whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) to persons or property arising from or in connection with this Competition.
57. If for any reason the Promoter determines in good faith and its sole discretion that the Competition is not capable of running as planned due to any event beyond the control of the Promoter which might corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion or which may change the intended result of recent or hinder its determination, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the promotion at any time and recommence it on similar terms and conditions when and as determined by the Promoter (subject to any written directions from any state gaming authority).
58. Should a Participant"s contact details change during the Competition, it is the Participant"s responsibility to notify the Promoter.
59. NSW permit: TPLS 13/XXXXX, SA permit: T13/XXXX, VIC permit: 13/XXXX ACT permit: 13/XXXX